Press For Change

Starting a publishing company is complicated. And slow. So we are starting a blog to keep our authors, our customers, our suppliers and the whole wide world appraised of what is happening.

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Third rev of cover, into full layout

Well, I now have a full set of printing bids. I have a third rev of the cover that is getting pretty close. A little more in the way of tweaks to the copy and I still need a final exact number for the spine width and for that I will need to finish layout to get the exact number of pages and then calculate it from the paper weight from the printer I choose.

The only other thing that would cause me to redo the cover at this point is if someone like Jamie Oliver or Alton Brown decided to do a nice quote about the book for the cover. Wishful thinking I'm afraid (which did NOT stop me from writing to them and asking, but no answer I'm afraid...)

I am very happy with the layout finally - it has been a very long time since I did layout for real (using Pagemaker aka Ragemaker at the time. But the skills came back and I managed to get everything to where I ma very happy with how it looks and reads.

I do have to get author approval for their little blurbs where I describe their sites. So that'll be heading out this week in emails.

I am also beginning to work on the website. So far all I have done is take the basic placeholder site and put it into clean CSS. Next I have to add newsletters and order forms and a lot more information and some nicer graphics and design.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool. Thank you so much for your hard work in this. I imagine it's been a tremendous learning experience.

-Kate
http://www.accidentalhedonist.com

January 26, 2005 at 1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home